We didn’t have anything planned for dinner on Thursday night so I decided on pizza. It’s quick, it’s easy, and it’s soooo good. We both got off work late so I dropped by the store to pick up the pizza ingredients before going home.
We split the pizza in half. The left side is mine and the right side is KT’s. Here’s what we used:
- 12 inch thin crust pizza (brushed with olive oil)
- left over pizza sauce
- sliced tomatos
- sliced bell pepper (on my side only)
- sliced portobello mushroom
- sliced ham (KT’s side only)
- sliced pepperoni (my side only)
- sliced salami
- grated gouda cheese (KT’s side only – you can’t tell but he put a thick layer on the bottom and sprinkled the remaining on top)
I topped off my half of the pizza with chilli pepper flavored olive oil when it came out of the oven. It gives it a very nice kick. KT topped his with crushed red pepper & parmesan cheese.
The verdict: KT thought his pizza was just okay. I thought my pizza was delicious!! (I had my other half for lunch today and it was still good). This one is a winner for me.
Oh, when we were in Italy at the beginning of last year, we were totally looking forward to trying the pizzas over there. They gotta be awesome right? Heard such good things about them from our Italian friends. Sadly, they only made us crave our semi homemade pizzas. I guess we just prefer pizzas our way. =)