Container Garden Update

One of my goals this weekend was to finally prep these containers we bought almost eight months ago on a bargain hunting spree.


Since they only have one drainage hole, I brought out our drill and added a few more.


I tried looking for some container liners to put in the wooden barrels to help preserve the wood but I just ended up using heavy duty trash bags.  I poked some holes into the trash bag and pulled the holes in the trash bag through the holes in the barrel so that the water can drain.


Then I put a piece of landscape fabric at the bottom of the barrel and filled it with Miracle Gro Moisture Control Potting Soil.


It’s a good thing I planned on working on the container garden this weekend because KT’s parents were over and they enjoy gardening with us.


We had to run to Home Depot to pick up more potting soil and ended up buying more plants.

We ended up planting a blueberry bush. The blueberry bush is going to be KT’s responsibility.

More tomato plants.

And Asparagus roots in the wooden barrel.

We probably need to rein it in before we end up with more plants than we can handle.  Until then, I am thrilled with each new plant.

Leave a Reply