This canvas project is very similar to the first canvas art I tried here.
For the picture, I used one from our wedding. For a more personal touch, I added light grey text of the song KT wrote for me and sang to me on our wedding day.
For the canvas, I cut up tissue papers to 8.5″x11″ and glued the top edge onto a regular letter-sized copy paper. Then I just put it through the printer like regular paper. It doesn’t take long for the ink to dry on the tissue paper. I would give it a minute or two, and then peel the tissue paper off the regular copy paper.
I’m not sure if it’s a problem with my printer or if every printer will give you this problem, but I would get areas of black ink spots. I ended up printing multiple copies of the same section of the picture. Then I trimmed out the cleanest parts (without black spots) of all the printouts and piece those parts together. That’s why you’ll see that the finished piece will have seams of various sizes of tissue paper.
I used Scotch Photo Mount Acid-Free Adhesive to glue the tissue paper onto the canvas. I had a lot of difficulty here. If the tissue paper with adhesive cling to each other, then it would be almost near impossible to separate without ripping the tissue.
I was disappointed at first with all the different seams because it wasn’t what I had in mind. But after KT told me how he likes the look of it with all the dimensions, it’s starting to grow on me.
The next canvas art I’ll try will be with paint. Stay tune.