Finishing Up a Few Projects

For the past two weeks I’ve been MIA on the blog and busy trying to finish up a few incomplete projects from the past year.

Do you remember this french door my dad put in for us? You can read about it here, here, and here.

photo (17)We finally finished installing the trim on the other side of the door.  The door wasn’t flushed with the wall so KT had to add some extra wood pieces before adding the trim.

IMG_4882

After some caulk, wood filler, and couple layers of paint, we called it a day.  We’ve been tackling projects at night and the days have been gloomy so the lighting in our pictures are not the best.

IMG_4883

The other incomplete project that has been nagging at me is the exposed edge of the kitchen floor.

IMG_4781 IMG_4777

We finally added a piece of round moulding to the edge of the kitchen floor as it meets the living room floor.

IMG_4782 IMG_4785IMG_4881

Again, after some caulk, wood filler, and couple layer of paint and sealant, it was finally done.

IMG_4792

Moving on, we spray painted all the cream color ceiling vents with the same ceiling paint we used throughout the house.

 

IMG_4793

IMG_4794

And lastly, KT started replacing all the cream color light switches and outlets.  We took off all the cover plates when we were painting the walls over a year ago and never put them back since we were planning on replacing them.

IMG_4880

IMG_4878

A few of the holes for the outlets were cut too large and irregular so we need bigger cover plates for them.  The standard size covers leave gaps exposed.

IMG_4884

IMG_4879This is also a really old house so the electrical wiring is not up to the current code.  Since KT was switching out the switch, he decided to make sure it was done correctly.  We bought an outlet tester and it works like a charm.

There are still a few finishing touches around the house but I think we made a huge progress these last couple of week.

Leave a Reply